Monday, November 3, 2008

First Post!

Recently I started a journal, but it really hasn't forced me to write much about polyphasic sleep. Since it seems to be the cool thing to do to start a blog when you're adapting to polyphasic sleep, I figured that's what I'd do. I lasted approximately 14 days on uberman at the beginning of the school year, but ultimately failed due to oversleeps and not being strict enough with the schedule. I will now be trying the everyman schedule.

The everyman "version" that I'm picking involves a 3 hour "core", where I sleep for 3 hours at night. Then, during the day and early evening, I'll have 3 20-minute naps. The proposed schedule is:

Core: 4:00-7:00 AM
Nap 1: 12:00-12:20 PM
Nap 2: 5:00-5:20 PM
Nap 3: 10:00-12:20 PM

I've been following a seemingly random polyphasic schedule, where I have a core for 4.5 or 6 hours and just kind of nap when I want to (nearly evently spaced apart). It is kinda neat to be able to do on the fly. However, I'd love to minimize this to a 3 hour core, to get the real benefits from a polyphasic schedule, but without the limitations created by the uberman sleep
pattern.

Notes:

(1) If this interferes with school at all, I will be stopping. If I'm not adopted by exam time (or relatively well adopted), I will be going monophasic for the first two weeks of December. I'd probably just go back to my 4.5-6 hour core thing with a couple of naps, because it seems natural to me. (With that one, I'm getting about 5.5-6.5 hours every 24, which I suppose isn't THAT bad)

(2) I plan, even though I'm adopting to everyman now, to adopt to uberman during the winter break after exams. Everyman now is just to minimize sleep, and I suppose to gain practice napping for when I go uberman in about a month and a half. If uberman doesn't fit my schedule for next semester, then I'll just stick to everyman instead.

Anyways, enough ramble. I'll try and update regularly for the first few days.

1 comment:

Hunner said...

Haven't seen you around. What's up?